Tuesday, March 20, 2007

 

St. Patrick's Day

Ah yes, one of the most celebrated college holidays ever. School administrators must have had a collective sigh of relief that this year's festivities took place on a Saturday and not a Wednesday or, heaven forbid, a Monday. I spent my St. Patty's day with some close friends, watched a few movies, went to see the Friar's concert at Rackham, and then went to the afterparty. I avoided doing homework all weekend, and now I face an exam and two approaching paper deadlines in the next couple of days.

Speaking of which.... have I mentioned my new found passion for Human Physiology? I love it! I've learned how the eyes, ears, heart, and now, how the lungs and kidneys work. When Prof. Rust gives out a problem set of conditions to diagnose, I can't help feeling a little like the doctors on "Grey's Anatomy" and ordering up some epinephrine - STAT! - or recommending a patient go on dialysis. Last night I spent a few hours in the Grad Library reviewing for my exam on Wednesday, and on one of my breaks, visited a fellow classmate and friend who was studying in the SE stacks. As I walked to where she was amidst the rows of journals and books, I walked alongside tiny room after tiny room, occupied with students writing papers, reading thick textbooks, or just napping on top of a stack of notebooks and coursepacks, their highlighter uncapped and still in their hand. And its not even finals yet!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?